Monday, November 19, 2012

Hobbies

List your top 5 hobbies and why you like them.

  Okay.  Not the most exciting question.  Maybe I can make my hobbies sound exciting... doubtful.

I recently took up running and have surprisingly, both to myself and everyone else on the planet, found it to be very enjoyable and beneficial.  Unfortunately the snow and weather are a slight hinderance for taking my usual tour of Snake hill:(  I can see that winter will be cutting my running down to nil... Guess I will have to think of something else to occupy that chunk of time until spring.

Can visiting be a hobby cause that is definitely one of my very favourite pastimes.  Actually, I just spent  a few evenings with a certain friend's mother who has given me a few good details about him. Haha.  There really isn't a comparison to quality time spent with those who are dear to me.  Which, let's face it, I find all of you quite valuable and close to my heart:)

If a hobby is something one does a few hours a day every day, Monday through Friday, then driving could be one of my hobbies.  I drive to work every day, an hour to and an hour back.  It is quite nice.  I am liking the quietness of those precious hours where I can sort through me day, my soul and find a balance for the people and things in my life.  It is like being forced to evaluate the day to come and the day that has just recently occurred.  I get to listen to the music or podcasts or reading I want to.  As much as I love people, I need some alone time too.

I like to read, rather I like to devour books.  I will stay up until the early hours of the following day to read a book.  I kind of get lost in the characters and the story.  I tend not to read too often just to insure the sanity of my husband and household.

I used to collect pencil sharpeners. Haven't thought of that in years.  My little hobby of collecting any and every kind of pencil sharpeners.  My favourite ones were the metal ones that had the copper colouring.  Liked them a lot.

Well, I gotta catch some ZZZZZ. Night world.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment