Saturday, November 24, 2012

Misunderstanding...

What do people misunderstand most about me?  I know there are a few things that people misunderstand or I guess assume about me that are incorrect.  One thing I think some might assume about me is that I have nothing going on in my life to be unhappy or troubled about. Due to the fact that I am rarely in a bad mood or act as if there is anything wrong.  I can see how that assumption is made.

(Disclaimer: right now life is good, I am not saying there is anything wrong! Just answering this question!)

I am an excellent listener, I think I am an excellent friend, and I hate to see anyone upset or sad, so I give advice, encourage, and help in anyway I can. I rarely take my own advice, go figure, and I rarely share my own problems with others.  I have always been this way.  Most of you will never know until after the fact as to what I would be struggling with in my life or circumstances that trouble me.  Even if you know I might not quite be myself, I will most likely not share as to why. I do not worry about a lot of things so there is not a plethora of issues that cause me grief.  But occasionally I do get upset or sad or disturbed about things or circumstances.  I am very easily hurt, physically(that's for you Lacey, lol) and emotionally.  I hide it well, but occasionally there are a few people that pick up on the fact that I am just a little 'off' (Not the people I expect to be so observant, strangely enough).

I also think that some might find me a little 'too much'.  That I might seem to try a little too hard to be friendly.  Truth is I am not trying. I genuinely care about the people in my life.  I enjoy relationships with people the most, so I am not asking how your day went to be polite,  I want to know and see if you need an encouraging word or hug  :)  You are valuable to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment